The American team won the America's cup today after NZ had held match point (only needing one more point to win) for a couple of weeks of racing. Gutting for us. Positives to me are
- A united New Zealand. We shared a common goal that most people took to heart with a passion.
- The small guy is more than capable of taking on the giant with the right people out front.
- Oracle proved to the world that a don't give up attitude backed by smart people and intelligent engineering can totally reverse seemingly impossible odds.
- A lesson learnt. If it ain't working stop and see what can be done to fix it before charging on regardless.
- Brand NZ just had a massive exposure as a top marine designer, constructor and competitor